TEAK’s 2015-2016 Admission season is now closed. If you would like additional information on how to apply to TEAK, please call the TEAK Admission Inquiry line at (212) 288-6678 x190.
Students are eligible for admission to TEAK only in the fall of their sixth grade year – please refer to the eligibility requirements below to see if you qualify. If you are interested in TEAK and would like to receive more information, please fill out the Admission Info Request Form.
Every year, more than 250 sixth-graders apply for a TEAK Fellowship and approximately 30 students are admitted at the end of the season. Through a six-month, comprehensive process that begins every fall, applicants participate in several rounds of screening that include a written application, diagnostic exams, a financial assessment, and interviews. TEAK is committed to serving New York City families with economic disadvantages, thus TEAK Fellowships are awarded based on both academic merit and financial need.
Qualified candidates MUST:
- Be a NYC resident enrolled in sixth grade at the time of their application
- Attend a public or parochial school in one of the five boroughs of NYC
- Earn 90% or above in all classes
- Have earned a scaled score of 337 or above on the 5th-grade NY State ELA exam and a scaled score of 346 or above on the 5th-grade NY State Math exam and/or scored in the 90th percentile on other standardized exams taken in the 5th grade
- Come from families with financial need
- Provide proof of academic merit and family income
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Have strong attendance and punctuality records
Once you have submitted your information on the Admissions Info Request Form, an admission representative will contact you to guide you through the next steps in the admissions process. All applicants are required to attend an Admissions Information Session, with a parent or guardian, before they can be considered eligible for admission.
October: Admissions season begins
November – December: Admissions Information Sessions take place in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan
January: Application period begins and applicants take their first admissions exam
March: Selected finalists take their second admissions exam
March – April: Selected finalists are interviewed
May: Families are notified if they have been selected to join TEAK’s newest class
May: Newly admitted students begin their TEAK Fellowship journey!