The TEAK Fellowship will begin accepting applications for the 2019-2020 academic year in the fall of 2019. Please fill out our inquiry form here and we will notify you when the application opens.
Please see the following information to learn how to apply.
STEP 1: Check your child’s eligibility.
Qualified students must:
• Be a NYC resident enrolled in sixth-grade in the 2019-2020 academic year
• Achieved 90% or above in all classes
• Scored 3s or 4s on 5th-grade state exams in ELA and Math
• Come from families with financial need (income approximately $25,000 or less per household member)
• Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (parent status not required)
• Have strong attendance and punctuality record
STEP 2: Register and attend an information session.
• Interested applicants must attend an information session with their parent or guardian in order to apply
• Submit the student’s 5th-grade report card and state test scores to [email protected] prior to the session
STEP 3: Take the TEAK Admissions Test.
• TEAK will register the applicant for the SSAT mid-level exam at no cost to the family
STEP 4: Complete online application for Round I.
• The Round 1 application includes written responses and 2 teacher recommendations
STEP 5: Await notification from TEAK staff about your status.
• Finalists will complete additional interviews and an essay
If you have any questions, please call the Admissions Office at (212) 288-6678 x190 or email us at [email protected].
September 2019 – January 2020
• Admissions Process opens
• Admissions Information Sessions take place in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan
• Applicants take admissions exam
January 21st, 2020
• Online applications due by 5:00PM
• Round II Finalists are notified and invited for interviews at the TEAK office
March 20th, 2020
• Round II Finalist applications due by 5:00PM
• Final decisions are made and applicants are notified of acceptances
• Fellows begin TEAK’s Middle School Academy Summer Institute