The TEAK application will open on October 5th, 2020. Please submit this form to receive information about TEAK and begin the application process.
How to Apply
STEP 1:Check your child’s eligibility.
Qualified students must:
• Be a NYC resident enrolled in sixth-grade in the 2020-2021 academic year
• Achieved 90% or above in all classes
• Come from families with financial need
• Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (parent status not required)
• Have strong attendance and punctuality record
STEP 2: Sign up for an information session
Submit the inquiry form above to register for an information session webinar. We offer sessions in English and Spanish.
STEP 3: Complete online application for Round 1.
• The application is due on January 20th, 2021.
• The application asks for the student’s 5th-grade report card, 6th-grade report card, written responses, and two teacher recommendations.
STEP 4: Await notification from TEAK staff about your status.
• TEAK will select approximately 100 finalists in Round 2. Finalists will take an admissions exam and complete an interview.
TEAK evaluates the financial eligibility of its applicants to maintain its commitment to serving students that come from low-income backgrounds. TEAK uses a holistic approach to determine eligibility by considering a variety of factors, including household income, assets, and other factors that impact a family’s financial circumstances. Families who fall below 100% Area Median Income in NYC are eligible to apply.
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE||100% AMI IN 2020|
If you have any questions, please call the Admissions Office at (212) 288-6678 x104 or email us at [email protected]