The TEAK application for 2018-2019 is now closed. If your child is in 5th grade or younger and you are interested in learning more about TEAK, please complete our inquiry form here.
The TEAK Fellowship admissions process for 2019 is underway. Please see the following information to learn how to apply.
STEP 1: Check your child’s eligibility.
Qualified students must:
• Be a NYC resident enrolled in sixth-grade in the 2018-2019 academic year
• Achieved 90% or above in all classes
• Scored in the 85th percentile or above on 5th-grade state exams in ELA and Math
• Come from families with financial need (income approximately $25,000 or less per household member)
• Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (parent status not required)
• Have strong attendance and punctuality record
STEP 2:Register and attend an information session.
• Attendance at an information session is required before you can proceed to the online application
• Please refer to the full list of dates and locations below
STEP 3: Complete online application for Round I.
• After we verify your child’s eligibility at the information session, you will be directed to the application platform
STEP 4: Take the TEAK Admissions Test.
• TEAK will register your child for the test at no cost to your family
STEP 5: Await notification from TEAK staff about your status.
• Finalists will complete additional interviews and an essay
If you have any questions, please call the Admissions Office at (212) 288-6678 x190 or email us at [email protected].
September 2018 – January 2019
• Admissions Process opens
• Admissions Information Sessions take place in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan
• Applicants take admissions exam
January 15th, 2019
• Online applications due by 5:00PM
• Round II Finalists are notified and invited for interviews at the TEAK office
March 19th, 2019
• Round II Finalist applications due by 5:00PM
• Final decisions are made and applicants are notified of acceptances
• Fellows begin TEAK’s Middle School Academy Summer Institute