The application for 2023-2024 is now closed. Nominations for students who will be in 6th grade for the 2023-2024 school year will reopen in September 2023. To be added to TEAK’s email list for the upcoming admission season, please complete the inquiry form below (Note: This is not an application). If you have any questions, please contact Director of Admissions Kimberly Johnson at [email protected] or (212) 288-6678, ext 104.
How to Apply
STEP 1: Check your child’s eligibility.
Qualified students must:
• Be an NYC resident enrolled in sixth grade in the 2022-2023 academic year
• Achieved 90% or above in all classes
• Come from families with financial need
• Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (parent status not required)
• Have strong attendance and punctuality record
STEP 2: Sign up for an information session (Mandatory)
Submit the inquiry form above if you are interested in learning more or applying. All information sessions are held at 6:00 pm via zoom unless indicated otherwise. Attendance at an information session is mandatory for all applicants. In order to register for a session, submit an inquiry and create an account with Ravenna.
STEP 3: Complete the online application for Round 1.
• The application asks for the student’s 5th-grade report card, 6th-grade report card, written responses, and two teacher recommendations.
STEP 4: Await notification from TEAK staff about your status.
• TEAK will select approximately 80-100 finalists in Round 2. Finalists will take an admissions exam and complete an interview.
TEAK evaluates the financial eligibility of its applicants to maintain its commitment to serving students that come from low-income backgrounds. TEAK uses a holistic approach to determine eligibility by considering a variety of factors, including household income, assets, and other factors that impact a family’s financial circumstances. Families whose income is below the Maximum Income Requirement according to your household size are eligible to apply. These figures are based on the New York City 100% AMI (Area Median Income) in 2022.
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE||Maximum Income Requirement|
If you have any questions, please call the Admissions Office at (212) 288-6678 ext 104 or email us at [email protected].