The application process for 2021-2022 is now open. If you are interested in applying, please read below for more information and qualifications.
Please complete the inquiry form to receive more information about TEAK and begin the application process.
How to Apply
STEP 1: Check your child’s eligibility.
Qualified students must:
• Be a NYC resident enrolled in sixth-grade in the 2021-2022 academic year
• Achieved 90% or above in all classes
• Come from families with financial need
• Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (parent status not required)
• Have strong attendance and punctuality record
STEP 2: Sign up for an information session
Submit the inquiry form above if you are interested in learning more or applying. Dates for information sessions will be available in October. We offer sessions in English and Spanish.
STEP 3: Complete online application for Round 1.
• The application asks for the student’s 5th-grade report card, 6th-grade report card, written responses, and two teacher recommendations.
• Application deadline will be late January 2022. Exact date to come.
STEP 4: Await notification from TEAK staff about your status.
• TEAK will select approximately 100 finalists in Round 2. Finalists will take an admissions exam and complete an interview.
TEAK evaluates the financial eligibility of its applicants to maintain its commitment to serving students that come from low-income backgrounds. TEAK uses a holistic approach to determine eligibility by considering a variety of factors, including household income, assets, and other factors that impact a family’s financial circumstances. Families who fall below 100% Area Median Income in NYC are eligible to apply.
||100% AMI IN 2020
If you have any questions, please call the Admissions Office at (212) 288-6678 x190 or email us at [email protected]org. Para Español, llame a 212-288-6678×105.