Assistant Director of Student Growth | High School Programs
Join Our Team
The TEAK Fellowship is a ten-year enrichment program that offers New York City students from under-resourced communities intensive after-school and summer academic classes, transformational cultural experiences, secondary school, and college guidance, a vibrant internship program, and robust support system. TEAK students earn admission/financial aid at our Nation’s most prestigious academic institutions and graduate from them determined to make an impact on communities in need of their contributions and leadership.
TEAK is seeking an Assistant Director of Student Growth who will join the High School Programs team to provide students academic and social-emotional growth and support under the guidance of the Director of Student Growth.
Candidates should have a passion for educational equity, a love of working with exceptional young people, and a desire to join a like-minded, committed, and diverse team of educators.
- Serve as a TEAK Dean, providing comprehensive academic and social-emotional advising for approximately thirty-five 9th and 10th grade Fellows.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for those Fellows’ families, teachers, and advisors.
- Maintain regular communication with Fellows, and visit each Fellow at their school at least once per year
- Work collaboratively with school personnel to holistically support each Fellow.
- Maintain updated records of Fellows’ progress
- Oversee communication and coordination of programming for one grade level (9th or 10th)
- Opportunity to participate in a variety of special projects and Committees.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of all aspects of High School Programs curriculum and programming, including required courses, optional workshops, and field trips
- Participate in TEAK’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) initiatives
- Assist with special projects and events as needed, including Admissions, Summer Institute, and Development events
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of professional experience in education, youth counseling and/or development, and/or teaching
- Commitment to educational access and equity for underrepresented populations
- Demonstrated interest and dedication to TEAK’s Mission, Core Values, and DEIB statement
- Ability to interface with all of TEAK’s prospective students, families, school partners, and CBOs
- Strong administrative, written, and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Proactive team player with the ability to be flexible in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to travel 15% of the year, mainly in the spring and fall, and on occasional Saturdays throughout the year.
- Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, and/or Bengali
- Previous college guidance experience
- Proficiency with GSuite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Familiarity/proficiency with Salesforce
Salary & Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. TEAK offers generous benefits, vacation, and retirement package. The TEAK Fellowship is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to TEAK at [email protected] with the subject line “Assistant Director of Student Growth | High School Programs.” Due to volume, only candidates moving forward in the process will be notified.