Assistant Director of College Success
Join Our Team
The TEAK Fellowship is a ten-year enrichment program that offers New York City students from under-resourced communities intensive after-school and summer academic classes, transformational cultural experiences, secondary school, and college guidance, a vibrant internship program, and robust support system. TEAK students earn admission/financial aid at our Nation’s most prestigious academic institutions and graduate from them determined to make an impact on communities in need of their contributions and leadership.
TEAK is seeking an Assistant Director of College Success who will join the College Success Programs team to provide students academic and social-emotional growth and support under the guidance of the Director of College Success.
Candidates should have a passion for educational equity, a love of working with exceptional young people, and a desire to join a like-minded, committed, and diverse team of educators.
Fellow Success Advising & Support
- College Success: Provide comprehensive academic, social-emotional advising for approximately 40 of TEAK’s college Fellows
- Maintain regular communication with Fellows, and visit each Fellow at their school at least once per year
- Work collaboratively with school personnel to holistically support each Fellow.
- Support Fellows and their families in navigating college financial aid application processes.
- Maintain up-to-date records of student meetings and periodic updates of students’ progress.
College Success & Career Programming
- Assist with the planning and execution of TEAK’s College Success Transition Workshops and Summit
- Collaborate with colleagues on parent programming for TEAK’s college population, including parent transition meetings and financial aid workshops.
- Co-Manage TEAK’s College Success communications.
- Co-Manage TEAK’s Big Sibling Program, which matches incoming college first-years with upper-level students at their schools or similar institutions; manage the program’s budget and create a system to check-in on the matches to ensure value for both individuals.
- Support the Director of Career Programs and their efforts to engage college Fellows in comprehensive career programming.
- Opportunity to participate in a variety of special projects and Committees.
- Assist with special projects and events as needed, including Admissions, Summer Institute, and Development events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in education, social work, college guidance/admissions, and/or teaching.
- Strong commitment to TEAK’s mission of educational access and success for underrepresented populations.
- Ability to interface with TEAK’s constituents, including colleagues at high schools, colleges, and TEAK families.
- Ability to travel 15% of the year, concentrated in the spring (May/June) and fall (September-November), and work on occasional Saturdays throughout the year.
- Strong administrative, written, and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
- Proactive team player with the ability to be flexible in a fast-moving environment.
- Relevant experience in college guidance, financial aid, or supporting first-generation college students
- Fluency in language(s) other than English
Salary & Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. TEAK offers generous benefits, vacation, and retirement package. The TEAK Fellowship is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to TEAK at [email protected] with the subject line “Assistant Director of College Success.” Due to volume, only candidates moving forward in the process will be notified.