The TEAK Fellowship is NO LONGER accepting applications for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Please see the following information to learn how to apply.
STEP 1: Check your child’s eligibility.
Qualified students must:
• Be a NYC resident enrolled in sixth-grade in the 2019-2020 academic year
• Achieved 90% or above in all classes
• Scored 3s or 4s on 5th-grade state exams in ELA and Math
• Come from families with financial need (income approximately $25,000 or less per household member)
• Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States (parent status not required)
• Have strong attendance and punctuality record
STEP 2: Register and attend an information session.
• Interested applicants must attend an information session (see dates) with their parent or guardian in order to apply
• Submit the student’s 5th-grade report card and state test scores to [email protected] prior to the session
STEP 3: Take the TEAK Admissions Test.
• TEAK will register the applicant for the SSAT mid-level exam at no cost to the family
STEP 4: Complete online application for Round I.
• The Round 1 application includes written responses and 2 teacher recommendations
STEP 5: Await notification from TEAK staff about your status.
• Finalists will complete additional interviews and an essay
If you have any questions, please call the Admissions Office at (212) 288-6678 x190 or email us at [email protected].
September 2019 – January 2020
• Admissions Process opens
• Admissions Information Sessions take place in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan
• Applicants take admissions exam
January 21st, 2020
• Online applications due by 5:00PM
• Round II Finalists are notified and invited for interviews at the TEAK office
March 20th, 2020
• Round II Finalist applications due by 5:00PM
• Final decisions are made and applicants are notified of acceptances
• Fellows begin TEAK’s Middle School Academy Summer Institute